Lions around the world are united by a great spirit of giving and dedication to helping others. As the official charitable organization of Lions Clubs International, a leading humanitarian organization, Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) supports Lions’ compassionate works by providing grant funding for their local and global humanitarian efforts.
LCIF helps Lions improve peoples’ lives around the world, from combating vision problems to responding to major catastrophes to providing valuable life skills to youth. Because LCIF helps Lions carry out large-scale projects through our grant programs, Lions increase their impact in their local and global communities and serve even more people in need around the world.
Donations from 1.4+ million Lions in 210 countries and geographic areas provide the vast majority of the revenue received by LCIF, making the Foundation a leading humanitarian organization. Lions know their donations matter and that funds entrusted to LCIF will support initiatives that impact communities and change lives.
LCIF leverages the donations we receive through effective partnerships with other foundations, corporations and governments on the local, national and international level. We are proud that LCIF was named the #1 non-governmental organization worldwide with which to partner, according to a 2007 Financial Times independent survey.
To support Lions’ mission of serving communities and meeting humanitarian needs, LCIF provides grants in these focus areas:
• Saving Sight
• Serving Youth
• Providing Disaster Relief
• Meeting Humanitarian Needs
LCIF and Lions reach millions of people and accomplish visible results. Some of our accomplishments include:
• Preventing serious vision loss for more than 30 million people
• Providing over 153.3 million treatments for river blindness
• Engaging more than 13 million students and 600,000 educators in 90 countries in the youth development program Lions Quest
• Building or expanding 615 eye hospitals/clinics/wards
• Conducting more than 19 million vision screenings for children through Sight for Kids
• Providing vision screening for more than 350,000 Special Olympics athletes from 85 countries through Opening Eyes
Since its founding in 1968, LCIF has awarded more than 13,000 grants totaling over US$1 billion. LCIF will continue to work every day to support humanitarian service projects all over the world and give hope to those who need it.
Read more about our efforts in our Annual Report, and find out more about our mission. You can also read the dispute resolution guide online.